Custom Made Macrame Plant Hangers from Thistle and Fox

I'm sure you have heard it is a proven fact that including living plants in our homes improves the air quality, brings a space alive and I believe it makes people happier. If, like me you have very limited floor space for plants and pots you'll need to make use of vertical space to display your favourite plants and one of the most beautiful and adaptable ways to do this is to use plant hangers. 




I started making knotted cotton plant hangers last year on a spur of the moment decision to re awaken a skill I'd learned in primary school days. So many of my childhood memories are very foggy and most of my school memories have all but disappeared. However, those few knots that were taught to me in a craft class way back when I was no taller than a house plant appear to still be there in my memory. It's amazing what the hands remember to do even when the mind seemed to have forgotten. 

Now I only have so much space in my house for plants (Yes, its very sad!) so when I'd filled every available nook with hanging planters and I still had a little rope left over I made a plant hanger for a friend and then another friend wanted to buy a few from me... a few more rolls of cotton rope later I added a single cotton plant hanger to my Etsy shop where I now sell three basic sizes, Small, Medium & Large and many different knotted designs and patterns suitable for hanging from wall hooks, ceiling hooks, rafters, curtain rails and anywhere you can find a hook or knob to hang a handmade cotton rope cradle for something leafy and living.




Macrame plant hangers are handmade by me in my studio in Upper Orara, New South Wales. 





Small

hanging planter
up to 65cm long
holds pots up to 16cm wide
(14cm pot shown)

Medium 


hanging planter
up to 100cm long
holds pots up to 22cm wide
(18cm pot shown)



Large 


hanging planter
100+cm long
holds pots up to 24cm wide
(18cm pot shown)


Wall hanging planter


designed to hang against a wall
aaprox 85cm long
holds pots up to 20cm wide
(18cm pot shown)





All of these designs and more can be ordered from my Etsy shop. Some are Made to Order with a 2-5 day production time, others are Ready to Ship within 24 hrs of ordering. Please make sure you read all the info in the description of the item before placing your order.





Comments

Popular Posts